What are hockey helmets called? Skullcap Only – NHL players have the option of wearing a helmet that only covers their head. It’s called a skullcap and offers the least protection out of all of the gear.
What are three types of hockey helmets? Bauer separates their helmet line into three different categories; Elite, Performance and Recreational.
How much is an NHL hockey helmet? Premium Hockey Helmets
Your low-end helmets are going to run $25 to $100, while your mid-tier will run $100 to $200 and your premium helmets are going to run $250 and up.
What is the best hockey helmet?
- Bauer Hyperlite (Best Overall)
- CCM Tacks 910 (Best CCM Helmet)
- Bauer RE-AKT 150 (Best For The Money)
- Bauer RE-AKT 200 (Safety)
- True Dynamic 9 Pro.
- Warrior Alpha One.
- Bauer RE-AKT 75 (Most affordable)
- CCM Fitlite 3DS Junior (Best youth helmet)