What are some hockey phrases?
- Apple: an assist.
- Barnburner: a high-scoring game.
- Bender: a player whose ankles bend while they’re skating.
- Bottle rocket: when a goal breaks the goalie’s water bottle that sits on top of the net.
- Biscuit: the puck.
What does Snipes mean in hockey? Snipe: a powerful or well-placed shot that results in a pretty goal. Every bar down shot is a snipe, but not every snipe goes bar down. Top Cheese/Cheddar: used to describe a shot that goes in off or right below the crossbar.
What are the 4 types of hockey?
- Field Hockey. This game is played on ground with grass or artificial synthetic ground.
- Ice Hockey. The same principle of pushing the ball into the goal post but instead of ground, the game takes place on ice.
- Sledge Hockey.
- Roller Hockey (Quad and In-line)
- Street Hockey.
What is a dangle in hockey? Dangle, in ice hockey, a variety of moves where a player dekes (fakes) out a goalie or player (it originally meant to skate fast with the puck) Dangle, in lacrosse, a complete defeat of a defender or goalie achieved by performing complex stick moves and tricks.