What equipment does my kid need for hockey?
- Hockey Stick. First, your child will need a hockey stick.
- Ice Hockey Skates.
- Youth Hockey Helmet with Full Cage.
- Hockey Shoulder Pads.
- Youth Hockey Gloves.
- Hockey Elbow Pads.
- Hockey Pants.
- Neck Guard.
What do youth hockey players wear? (a) Each player is personally responsible to wear protective equipment for all games, warm-ups and practices. Such equipment should include gloves, shin pads, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hip pads or padded hockey pants, protective cup, tendon pads plus all head protective equipment as required by USA Hockey rules.
How do you measure hockey equipment for kids? Hold your arm and hand outstretched. Measure the distance between the tips of your fingers and the bottom of your elbow pad. A player’s kneecap should fit directly into the center of the kneecap cup of the shin pad. The shin pad should then extend down the full length of the lower leg.
What is the best hockey stick for kids?
- Our Pick. Bauer Vapor Flylite Grip. The Best Youth Hockey Stick.
- Runner-Up. Bauer Nexus Geo Youth. The Best Mid Kick Youth Hockey Stick.
- Budget Friendly. Warrior Covert QRE 10. Best Budget Youth Hockey Stick.