What gear do hockey players need?
- Helmet. When it comes to preventing serious injuries, this is the most important piece of equipment.
- Skates. As with helmets, be sure to get skates that fit well.
- Shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee and shin pads.
- Hockey pants.
- Athletic supporter and cup.
- Neck protector.
What training exercises are good for hockey?
- Wind Sprints/Explosive Running. One of the best exercises for hockey players to increase explosiveness on the ice is to engage in various sprinting exercises on dry land.
- Stickhandling Drills.
- Focus on the Fundamentals.
- Bench Press.
- Hang Cleans.
How can I practice hockey at home?
How many days a week should hockey players train? Hockey players should be working out roughly 3-5 times a week. Including 3 strength workouts, 2 speed workouts, 1-2 conditioning or mobility workouts.