What helmet does the NHL use? One of the most iconic helmets in hockey since the early 1990s, the Bauer 4500, is available at this price and is still used by several NHL players today. Many players swear that it is the best-looking helmet they’ve ever worn.
What is the best hockey helmet?
- Bauer Hyperlite (Best Overall)
- CCM Tacks 910 (Best CCM Helmet)
- Bauer RE-AKT 150 (Best For The Money)
- Bauer RE-AKT 200 (Safety)
- True Dynamic 9 Pro.
- Warrior Alpha One.
- Bauer RE-AKT 75 (Most affordable)
- CCM Fitlite 3DS Junior (Best youth helmet)
How do I choose a hockey helmet?
- The best helmet for you is the one that fits the best.
- The helmet should fit snugly all around your head.
- You should have one finger width between your eyebrows and the helmet.
- The chin strap should be always be done up.
- The chin cup should fit snugly and directly on your chin.
What are three types of hockey helmets? Bauer separates their helmet line into three different categories; Elite, Performance and Recreational.