What is a neck guard for in hockey? The guard is designed to prevent injury to the neck by pucks, rings, balls, the metal blades on ice skates, and various types of sticks like hockey sticks. This piece is critical to goaltenders, especially ice hockey goaltenders, who are more likely at risk to be injured in this area.
Do NHL players wear neck guards? So it’s not surprising that NHL players don’t wear neck guards, which are made of reinforced material like Kevlar or nylon, foam and Velcro. There are also hockey undershirts that include a neck guard – they look like a turtleneck.
Do I need a neck guard for hockey? USA Hockey continues to recommend a neck laceration protector for all players. The heightened discussions around lacerations from a skate blade reinforce the recommendation that players wear a neck laceration protector that covers as much of the neck as possible along with cut-resistant socks, sleeves or undergarments.
What is the best neck guard for hockey?
- Aegis Interceptor Neck Protector – The Safest Neck Guard. Specifications and Features:
- Aegis Interceptor Bibless.
- Shock Doctor Ultra – Best Cuff Style Neck Guard.
- CCM RBZ 100 – Best CCM Neck Guard.
- Bauer NG NLP20 – Best Bauer Neck Guard.
- A&R Hockey Neck Guard – Lightest Neck Guard.