What is a good indoor field hockey stick?
- STX Field Hockey iX 901 Indoor Stick.
- STX Field Hockey Surgeon I Indoor Field Hockey Stick.
- Adidas Exemplar 4 Indoor Field Hockey Stick.
- TK Total 3.4 Ultimate Indoor Field Hockey Stick.
- Grays GX2000 Superlite Composite Indoor Field Hockey Stick.
What is the difference between an indoor field hockey stick and outdoor stick? The biggest differences are that the end of the indoor stick is skinnier and the overall weight is much lighter. In outdoor it is crucial for sticks to be heavier and have a thicker toe to accommodate powerful drives and slaps that are important when playing on a much bigger field.
Can you use an outdoor field hockey stick indoors? Depending on the league you are in, outdoor sticks can be used for the indoor game as well. However, the heavier the stick, the more difficult it will be to execute precision skills while maintaining the increased speed of the game.
What shoes should I wear for indoor field hockey? Court shoes are best for indoor field hockey as they will allow maximum grip on the indoor surface. It is not advisable when playing indoors to simply wear shoes made for jogging/running as these shoes have a higher sole to allow more shock absorption.